29 Mar 2013

Taiwan BDSM Pride Flag

After some reading about symbols of BDSM and some of the ways that the different sub-cultures identify themselves within the greater BDSM community, it struck me that each BDSM community can have their own identifying symbol or logo much like how old European families had crests and coats of arms to identify themselves.
With that idea in my head, I came up with a couple of ideas for a Taiwan BDSM flag, it's based on the flag of Taiwan, only the red is a few shades darker to represent the BDSM peoples passion for their SM, and the blue canton has been changed to black as a better recognised color for BDSM internationally.  The last item in the design, takes the BDSM triskelion and the 12 pointed sun of the Taiwan flag and merges them to make a 12 pointed triskelion.  I came up with two designs for the final flag below, now I'm stuck on which one looks better...

Design 01


Design 02

No comments:

Post a Comment